TEETH CLEANING AND POLISHING
Why should I get my teeth cleaned?
- Deposits of tartar/calculus or plaque on your teeth, gums.
- Bleeding from gums.
- Bad breath.
What is professional Teeth Cleaning?
- Professional scaling involves the use of an ultrasonic scaler that removes bacterial plaque and tartar/calculus from the tooth surface.
What is teeth polishing?
- Polishing is done after cleaning to make the tooth surface smooth.
Is cleaning harmful?
- Professional teeth cleaning/scaling/oral prophylaxis does not harm the tooth structure.
Will my teeth become loose after a cleaning?
- Teeth do not become loose after a cleaning.
- Sometimes excessive accumulation of tartar/calculus itself holds the tooth in place. Upon removal of the tartar/calculus, teeth may feel loose, but this is actually due to loss of gum/bone support. You will feel a change for the better within just a few days.
How long does it take?
- It takes around 15-20 minutes per sitting. Usually no more than 1-2 sittings are required.
How often should I see the dentist for cleaning?
- Most children and adults should see their dentist for a regular cleaning and check up every six months.
FOR POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE