- Having dental crown and bridge can result in improved tooth appearance and reinforcement of the structure of your tooth. Dental crown and bridge is made of different materials including all-ceramic, zirconia or ceramic with metal or gold alloys and metal alloys.
- A dental bridge is one of a number of alternatives for replacing missing teeth. A bridge replaces a missing tooth by taking support from two or more adjacent teeth.
Key Benefits of dental crown and bridge
- Natural, or improved, appearance.
- Support and protection to compromised teeth.
- Restoration of normal, or improved, function.
How long does the treatment take?
- It takes 2 sittings for a crown and 2-3 sittings for a bridge. At the first appointment, in case of a dental crown, the tooth in question and in case of a bridge the adjacent teeth are reduced to make room for the artificial crowns.
- An impression (mould) is then made for fabrication in the laboratory. A plastic temporary bridge can be fitted (if required) for the interim period.
- A trial on the second appointment may be done in case of a dental bridge. Laboratory fabrication takes approximately 2-3 days.
- At the subsequent visit, the temporary bridge will be removed and the final dental crown/bridge permanently cemented into place.
What is the latest in dental crown and bridge?
- The material used today is completely metal free (all ceramic), providing a pleasant and natural smile which completely matching your natural teeth.
- Today, even the dental crown or dental bridge is made in a CAD CAM process thereby eliminating any human error. You can ask your dentist at SmileSense Dental Clinic for more details.
FOR POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE
Go ahead and BOOK AN APPOINTMENT today, to experience the dental treatment you always deserved.